I am delighted to confirm that the first event of our transition process is our Year 6 Open Evening, which will be held on Thursday 11th October 2018.
The evening will be split into two sessions:
- The first session will be held at 6.00 pm for people who live in Hornsea
- The second session will be held at 7.00 pm for people who live in the surrounding villages
Please arrive at the school via the entrance on Eastgate and then make your way to the Main Hall, via the main school reception.
The Open Evening will give you and your child an opportunity to look around our school and see for yourself the remarkable things that happen here. Each session will consist of:
- A presentation by Steve Ostler – Headteacher, and two student speakers;
- Subject ‘taster’ sessions for your child to participate in;
- An opportunity to meet parents who have recently experienced the transition process;
- Students and staff on hand to answer a variety of questions.
We understand that the transition from Primary to Secondary School can be a very daunting time for you and your child, and here at HSLC we want to do everything we can to ease your worries as a parent/carer and to make our new students quickly feel part of ‘Team Hornsea’. The Open Evening therefore marks the start of a range of transition events that will be held throughout the year, these include
- A Family Learning Day
- A Science morning
- Meet the Tutor evening
- Individual appointment with a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- A full transition day
We look forward to meeting you and your son/daughter on Thursday 11th October and hope you feel confident that HSLC can fully meet the needs of your child and their future education.