- Ignore and block the bully.
- Offenders often want attention. Take it away and they may give up.
- Save the evidence. You may need it later. Take a Screen shot
- Change your privacy settings to friends only
- Allow only people you trust to see or comment on your pages.
- Tell trusted friends and adults.
- Create a support network E.g Parents, Friends, Head of Year, Behaviour Manager, Student Support.
ONLY HAVE PEOPLE YOU ACTUALLY KNOW AS FRIENDS IN FACEBOOK
Setting your privacy to an appropriate level
Facebook privacy settings can get complicated. Click here to view our guide to help you through.
If you want any assistance with your settings see the technicians for step by step help.
How to block somebody on facebook
Go to the profile of the person you wish to block
Click the "cog" in the top right
Click on "Block/Report"
If you just want to bloc kthe person select the "Block" option
If you want to report their actions to Facebook, select "Report"
Smartphones are becoming more and more prevalent in young people's lives and show no signs of going anywhere. For some advice on using them safely, see this fantastic website.
Many parents say they can’t keep up with the online social networks that there children have signed up to. Netware is a parents’ guide to the social networks children and young people use. Stay up to date and keep your child safe in today’s digital world.