Teachers of Science (MPS)
Permanent posts and maternity cover required from September 2019
‘Personal development, behaviour and welfare are a strength of the school’ (Ofsted, 2016)
Do you want to be part of a team that is working together to ensure that our students grow into well rounded and confident young adults who become the very best they can be?
Do you want to work in a school where there are effective systems in place which allow you to focus on your core purpose of teaching?
HSLC is a supportive yet vibrant place to work and has been graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted since 2005. Our A-level results place us in the top 25% nationally and our latest Key Stage 4 results place us in the top 15% nationally for our curriculum provision.
We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We believe in our mission of actively broadening horizons and promote our core values of being useful and kind. We are excited to have the opportunity for ambitious practitioners who share these values to join our Science department. Our science results for the 2017/18 academic year were significantly above national average and placed us within the top 20% of schools within the country.
We believe this is just the start of a very exciting journey for both our students and our staff. If you are determined about making a difference to the lives of young people and are keen to develop effective ideas for teaching and learning then we would love you to join us on this journey.
What we offer:
• support and line management from an experienced Head of Department
• a highly effective behaviour system which ensures consistency and rewards good behaviour – there is minimal low level disruption in classrooms meaning you can make a real difference to our students
• a strong staff community and positive team ethos
• one additional non-contact period per fortnight for CPD activities – CPD is research led and starts as soon as you are appointed
• subject specific policies focused on what is right for you as a department – we do not have bureaucratic and onerous policies
• regular feedback from learning walks and work scrutinies helping you to continuously develop - no formal graded lesson observations
• a very pleasant coastal location where you can stroll along the seafront after a day in the classroom!
The successful candidate will be:
• an inspirational teacher of Science who can consistently teach excellent, engaging lessons
• a motivated and innovative practitioner with a desire to succeed
• someone who proactively does whatever it takes to achieve the outcomes that enable our students to make ambitious life choices
• aligned to our values and mission - if you believe in our core principles you will love being part of Team Hornsea!
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our school. You can also get a feel for the school and Science department by ‘following’ @hornseschool and @HSLC_Science on Twitter or ‘liking’ Hornsea School & Language College on Facebook.
Closing Date: Applications to be received by 9.00am, Monday 11th February 2019